Mother Teresa was born on August 26th 1910. She acted like Sean Deveruex in many ways including putting others first and helping others. She died in 1997, September 5 Th. She died sadly with congestive heart failure in Kolkata, India. Her father unfortunately died when she was eight years old , ending her family’s financial security. She was born in Albania and became a nun at the age of 18. She became a nun in 1928 and travelled to Ireland to join the ‘Sisters of Loreto ‘ in Dublin, Ireland. Mother Teresa is now a famous saint.
Mother Teresa was an Albanian-Indian, Roman Catholic Nun and Missionary.
Born in Skopje, Macedonia on the 26th August 1910, Mother Teresa is known in the Catholic Church as Saint Teresa of Calcutta. She lived in Macedonia until the age of 18, before moving to Ireland and then to India where she lived most of her life. At the age of thirty six, Mother Teresa felt the call from God to help the poor and suffering in India. Her work was very difficult and she often went hungry herself while trying to help other people who were suffering, but she never gave up. She was an amazing role model to others.
In 1950 she started a charity know as The Missionaries of Charity to help the hungry, the homeless, the sick and the blind. Through her hard work and dedication, she was honored with the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979.
Sean Devereux was like Mother Teresa in many ways. He worked as an aid worker and a missionary in Somalia, dedicating his life to helping other, just as she had done. Sadly he was killed in 1993, while working for the charity UNICEF. Because of his kind work and dedication to helping people in need, he has become an important role model, just like mother Teresa.
Mother Teresa was an amazing lady. Here are some interesting facts about her;
- She was born in August on 1910.
- Mother Teresa’s birth name is Agnes.
- Mother Teresa is famous all over the world for her work with the poor in India.
- When she was 18 Agnes left home and joined the sisters of Loreto in Rathfarnhan Island.
- She continued her work with the poor for the rest of her life.
- She died in 1997, the same year as Princess Diana.
- She took her vows as a nun in 1931.
- She was born in Macedonia.
Date of Birth: August 26, 1910
Place of Birth: Skopje, Macedonia
Date of Death: September 5, 1997
Place of Death: Calcutta, India
- While she was just 12 years old, she made up her mind to lead a religious life.
- When she was just 18 years old, she went to the Sisters of Loreto and started her life as a missionary. This was the last time when she saw her mother.
- In 1929, she went to India and started learning Bengali language in a town known as Darjeeling.
- On 24th May 1931, Agnes (Mother Teresa) for the very first time as a holy woman made her religious vows.
- In 1944 after serving as a teacher for about 20 years in the Calcutta’s Loreto convent school, she eventually became headmistress of that school.
- In 1948, she started her teaching as a missionary by having on white ‘sari’ with blue lines on the sides of it.
- In Calcutta in 1952, Mother Teresa built the very first Home for the Dying.
- She built a home for those persons who had a disease called Leprosy. This hospice or home was known as Shanti Nagar, which means ‘City of Peace’.
- In 1955, she built another school for orphans and children who were lost. This home was known as Nirmala Shishu Bhavan.
- In 1965, she built the house in Venezuela. It was the very first house that she had made outside India and with the help of 5 sisters.
Mother Teresa was a very nice person.
Mother Teresa was born on the 26th of August,1910 in Skopje,Macedonia(FYRDM).Later on in her life,she concidered the 27th as her “true birthday” as that was the day she was baptized.Mother Teresa is also known as Saint Teresa of Calcutta,but her original name was Anjeze Gonxehe Bojaxhui.(The word “Anjeze”means a little flower in Albanian.)
For most of her life,Mother Teresa helped the poor.However,most people thought she was born in a poor family but actually her family were richer and owned two houses.
She said many quotes and this is one of them.”If you judge people you have no time to love them.
Spread the love everywere you go.Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier.
Be faithful in small things because it is in them what your strenghth lies.”
Mother Teresa spent most of her life in India in 1929 aged 19.She once said “By blood,I am Albaian.By citizenship,I am an Indian.By faith,I am a Catholic nun.As my calling,I belong tobthe world.As to my heart,I belong entirely to the Heart of Jesus.
Saddly,Mother Teresa has died she died on September the 5th,1997 in Kolkata,India.
- Mother Teresa was born on 26th August 1910 and died on the 5th September 1997.
- Her real name was Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu
- She always wrote her birthday as the 27th of August. Because that was the day of her baptism, which was more important to her than her birthday.
- Her dad died when she was 8.
- She was a humanitarian and was famous all over the world for her work with the poor in India.
- For over 45 years she ministrated to the poor, sick, orphaned and dying.
- When she was 18 she joined the Sisters of Loreto to become a missionary to India.
- She spent a year in Ireland to learning to speak English.
- In 1931 she took her vows as a nun and chose the name Teresa.
- At 36. Years of age, she felt the calling of God and took basic medical training to help the sick and the needy. This was a difficult time. She tried to help the poor and also had to beg for her food.
- She is now called Blessed Teresa of Calcutta.
- She once travelled through a war zone to rescue 37 children from the front line.
- She worked up until her death on 5th September 1997 in Calcutta.
- Mother Teresa and Sean Devereaux are both well know for their aid working vocation.
1.Mother Teresa was born on the 26 of August 1910.
2.She died at age 88 on the 5th of August and was buried on the 13th of September 1993.
3.Her farther died when she was only eight!
4.Mother Teresa was born in Uskub.
5.Her whole life was devoted to helping the poor,the sick,the needy and the helpless.
6.Her birth name was Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu.
7.When she was 36 years old she heard the call from God to help the poor in India.
8.She spent a year in Ireland learning how to speak English.
9.She also helped the people who did not have any friends.
So now you know some facts about Mother Teresa you can share them with your friends.
- Mother Teresa was born on August 26th 1910.
- She was born Uskub Ottoman Empire
- Mother Teresa’s birth name was Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu
- She was a humanitarian which mean likes to help people
- Teresa’s dad when she was 8
- When Agnes was 18 she joined the sisters of Loretto to become a missionary to India. When she did this she never saw her mum or sister again
- In 1950 Mother Teresa formed a group within the Catholic Church called the Missionairies of charity. They helped the hungry, naked, the homeless, the crippled, the blind and the lepers all of the people who feel unwanted, unloved and uncared for.
- When Mother Teresa was 36 she felt the call from God to help the poor of India. She received some basic medical training and set out to help the sick and needy
- She was awarded a noble peace prize in 1979
- She once travelled through a war zone to rescue 37 children from the front line
- She received a Presidential Medal of freedom from president Ronald Reagan.
- Mother Teresa died September 5th 1997 in Calcutta, India
Mother Teresa MC ,known in the catholic church as saint Teresa of Calcutta . She was born in skopje . She was born on the 26 August 1910 . She sadly died on the 5 September 1997. She had the role of Missionaries of leader of charity Calutta . She died in India .
Mother Threasa was born in a place called Skopje. She was originally called Agnes Bojaxhiu. Threasa was trained to be a principle at high school in India. While she was there, she was horrified by the sight of so many sick and dying people on the streets. She wanted to help them but at first she didn’t know what to do.