Harry, Tottenham and the Big Match by Zach

Harry, Tottenham and the Big Match

Tottenham. Or as Harry called them, the best team ever. Harry was good at football, he loved it. Every single day, he went training at Tottenham Academy. As I mentioned before, he loved Tottenham. He could imagine walking onto the pitch one day. There was only one problem…he was deaf. No, he isn`t death (as in a big skeleton holding a scythe) he’s deaf as in he can`t hear. He was too poor to afford a hearing aid. Luckily, he knew sign language and his best friend, James, could translate. James was deaf too, so he knew sign language, but he had a hearing aid. Lucky him.

Although Harry’s family were poor, he felt rich in love. He loved his family and they loved him. His favourite player was Harry Kane, who his Dad named him after. Even his baby sister loved Tottenham, what’s not to love, right? Even Great Grandma loved them, and she was dead. When the hospital told her she was dying, she asked for a Tottenham badge be etched onto her gravestone.

Every day he dreamed of seeing his mother again. You see, before she had even named him, she ran off with the guy who fixed their boiler. “Mum, come back, I miss you,” he slowly thought to himself.

Harry swiftly got the ‘Emergency Ball’ out from under his bed and did some keepie uppies with it and slid his picture of mum into his pocket.

It was soon the morning of the big match between Tottenham Academy and Manchester United. Harry was excited as he got his kit and boots ready. Harry got a lift to the ground and as he enters he slowly thinks to himself, “What if our team lose? What if I embarrass myself?” He felt nervous.

He turned a corner and as he was about to enter the ground he bumped into the Man United players. They shouted “Oi you!” Harry couldn’t hear them calling him so he walked on. Suddenly the Man United players jumped in front of him. They started shouting at Harry and waving their arms about. Harry hear them. So, he hinted towards his ear, shook his head so they would know he was deaf. They all started to laugh at Harry and pushed him about. Harry ran to his dressing room.

Before Harry knew it, the match had started. He made a run down the wing and as he was in the box, a bully from before purposefully knocked into him! The referee blew his whistle – it was a penalty!

Harry picked up the ball and placed it on the spot. He stepped back, ran towards the ball and suddenly his shiny boots smacked it straight into the back of the net! Harry was a hero.

Eleven years later, Harry walked onto the White hart Lane pitch with his Mum and his Dad in the crowd to cheer him on. His dream had come true. The bullies had lost.

14 thoughts on “Harry, Tottenham and the Big Match by Zach

1. Competition Disaster

I didn’t think gymnastics was a dangerous sport until I broke my leg before the competition. It all started off like this.
    I was doing a back hand spring while practising for the competition, when my friend, Daniela, stuck out her leg my hand slipped so I landed on my leg. I was so devastated to hear that I couldn’t join in with the competition because I had broken my leg.
    It was my dream to enter the competition but now I had broken my leg. On the day of the competition can you imagine who took my place? Daniela! I knew she just desired all the attention and fame, so she wanted me to let the whole gymnastics team down.

I was so annoyed that I felt like breaking out of my seat and doing the routine. Honestly the routine wasn’t very good with her in lead because she didn’t know what to do. I was so ashamed that we didn’t win. Before this competition I had been so excited that I couldn’t stop thinking about it, but Daniela let us all down. Even our supporters, although we hardly had any, were let down. Some shouted at Daniela. At least we had our parents but even some of them were secretly supporting other teams. If only I had been in the lead we would have won.
    The following week, our team was asked to perform another routine for another competition but my leg was still in a cast. That was another disaster; they kept bumping into each other, doing their cartwheels at random times, failing their handstands and not knowing how to do the aerials. Surprisingly, the team coach suggested that I should be their new captain. I wasn’t surprised because I was really good at gymnastics and everyone knew that so that is probably why they picked me as their captain. When I taught them sometimes I was really stressed but most of the time they listened and used my advice. I thought they were improving. At the next round when, we heard our team name ,The cheer beavers, most of the spectators were cheering us on and were all chanting my name because I was actually the one who taught them. Now we had many more supporters and a lot more people wanted to join our team. I held all my excitement in until the final whistle was blown and it was announced that we had won the competition. When we finally made our way out of the building and from all of the crowd I shouted to my team mates,” let us gather up in our training hall tomorrow and have a big party in the afternoon at 1:00 to 5:30pm!”
    Now I am finally off my crutches and my legs are much better. I can now start to get more energetic and practise my back hand spring in peace. I can also do all my jobs in peace, how nice!

By Ogechi

2. I like the way that you used parenthesis and you used it very well also, you used quotation marks for when you said Harry got his emergency ball. The best thing is, is that you used speech and you used the inverted commas correctly. Well Done Zach.

3. well done Zach your punctuation was perfect. You used a variety of different sentences and had brilliant adverbial frases well done .