20 thoughts on “Winmarleigh Hall 2017

1. Hi Year 5. Winmarleigh Hall was amazing!!!! When we got there I just knew we would love it! First out of all the activities ahead of me, was orienteering (map reading). All we had to do was read the map and find the right number posts. Our group were whizzing through it! It was almost like we were a human satnav! Next was zip wire. Aghhhhh!!!! That’s really high!!! From the second I saw it those words were going through my head. The instructors showed us a demanstration with me . After that, I went on the zip wire FIRST!!! It was so scary. Helpfully, my friends cheered me on. Although I was scared to death, I managed a smile. When all of us had, had a go, it was dinner time. The food was awsome!!! Next was the big swing !!! Yay! I was looking forward for this all week. It was HUGE. You went up and up and up and finally soar down like an eagle. If you were the one on it the others would be pulling the rope which would make you go upwards.

2. Hi Year 5. Winmarleigh Hall was amazing! When we got there I just knew we would love it! First out of all the activities ahead of me, was orienteering (map reading). All we had to do was read the map and find the right number posts. Our group were whizzing through it! It was almost like we were a human satnav! Next was zip wire. Aghhhhh! That’s really high! From the second I saw it those words were going through my head. The instructors showed us a demanstration with me . After that, I went on the zip wire FIRST! It was so scary. Helpfully, my friends cheered me on. Although I was scared to death, I managed a smile. When all of us had, had a go, it was dinner time. The food was awesome! Next was the big swing ! Yay! I was looking forward for this all week. It was HUGE. You went up and up and up and finally soar down like an eagle. If you were the one on it the others would be pulling the rope which would make you go upwards. You never sat down doing nothing, always really active. After that, we did the vertical challenge. Sadly, this was the last activity for the day. Even though it was the last activity, we still had tonnes of fun. If there are any year four children reading this next year you’ll have a wonderful time. By Sadie Openshaw 🙂

3. Winmarleigh was very fun 🙂
    My most favourite activity was the big swing. It was amazing it slowly raises you up then when you pull the white string behind you it fly’s down really fast!

• winmarleigh hall was the best school trip in out of all the trips ,the best activity’s was the zip wire and the low ropes. luke power

• i also loved winmarleigh hall ,as we got to spend time with our friends and then get to sleep in the same room .
        we were all very busy and active . I personally , loved the giant swing . I am scared f heights so i didnt want to go on the zipwire . But a lot of people were cheering me on .I regret it now i wish i had gone on it . After all , the teacher is right we only have one chance to go on it . And i didnt take the chance .

4. Winmarleigh Hall was sooooooo fun. I really didn’t want to leave. I was a bit disappointed when I was on the big swing because I was with Zofia and she didn’t want to go to the top so we didn’t. but oh well!

5. Hi her 4 & 5 if you ever get this wild experience – I’m sure year 5 already know loads but I’m blogging about our trip. It was amazing! When we got there we met our main coaches. Then, when we got into our crops of 12 we got to see our room! I shared mine with Abigail and Alice. We had pink wall paper with two bunkbeds and even our own bathroom!! I was in group 5 and our first activity was … THE GIANT SWING!!!! Everyone was really excited but I wasn’t that keen. She. I saw it, it was HUGE! It was my go first. We went in pairs obviously I was with Alice! We both got strraped in and the rest of the group pulled the rope to make us go high! I thought the instructor said I could pull the rope and I accidentally pulled it and we soared down like an eagle! It was really relaxing actually!

In case your wondering where the school Ipads were, we took them to Winmarleigh to take photos and vidios for a iMovie – you might see them when we’re doing our buffet on Thursday!

By Lucy Scowcroft☺

6. It was extremely exciting, yet exhausting. My personal favourite activity was the Giant Swing, which me and my friend Dara went on at the same time. We pulled the white string and it flung us through the air before coming to an end. I loved sleeping over night with my friends (Toby, Oliver & Dara) on the bunk beds and I got the top bunk. The food was amazing and I wish I could eat it every day even though my mum thinks she is a good cook. Winmarleigh was fun and to all the year 4’s reading this I would highly recommend it.

Kaiden O’Hare

7. my report about winmarleigh

windmarleigh was fab literally we went on the swing it was that high and amelia was screaming i thought she was going to wee her pants