Winmarleigh Hall 2017

Have your say here.

Using your super sentence work, tell us all about your experience at Winmarleigh.

What were your highlights?

What advice would you give the current Year 4 classes?

Remember to respect everybody’s posts and no text speak.

We look forward to reading your comments.

15 Responses to Winmarleigh Hall 2017

1. 0722012so says:

Hi Year 5. Winmarleigh Hall was amazing!!!! When we got there I just knew we would love it! First out of all the activities ahead of me, was orienteering (map reading). All we had to do was read the map and find the right number posts. Our group were whizzing through it! It was almost like we were a human satnav! Next was zip wire. Aghhhhh!!!! That’s really high!!! From the second I saw it those words were going through my head. The instructors showed us a demanstration with me . After that, I went on the zip wire FIRST!!! It was so scary. Helpfully, my friends cheered me on. Although I was scared to death, I managed a smile. When all of us had, had a go, it was dinner time. The food was awsome!!! Next was the big swing !!! Yay! I was looking forward for this all week. It was HUGE. You went up and up and up and finally soar down like an eagle. If you were the one on it the others would be pulling the rope which would make you go upwards.

2. 0722012so says:

Hi Year 5. Winmarleigh Hall was amazing! When we got there I just knew we would love it! First out of all the activities ahead of me, was orienteering (map reading). All we had to do was read the map and find the right number posts. Our group were whizzing through it! It was almost like we were a human satnav! Next was zip wire. Aghhhhh! That’s really high! From the second I saw it those words were going through my head. The instructors showed us a demanstration with me . After that, I went on the zip wire FIRST! It was so scary. Helpfully, my friends cheered me on. Although I was scared to death, I managed a smile. When all of us had, had a go, it was dinner time. The food was awesome! Next was the big swing ! Yay! I was looking forward for this all week. It was HUGE. You went up and up and up and finally soar down like an eagle. If you were the one on it the others would be pulling the rope which would make you go upwards. You never sat down doing nothing, always really active. After that, we did the vertical challenge. Sadly, this was the last activity for the day. Even though it was the last activity, we still had tonnes of fun. If there are any year four children reading this next year you’ll have a wonderful time. By Sadie Openshaw 🙂

3. 0722012as1 says:

Winmarleigh was very fun 🙂
    My most favourite activity was the big swing. It was amazing it slowly raises you up then when you pull the white string behind you it fly’s down really fast!

4. 0722012jh says:

Winmarleigh Hall was sooooooo fun. I really didn’t want to leave. I was a bit disappointed when I was on the big swing because I was with Zofia and she didn’t want to go to the top so we didn’t. but oh well!

5. 0722012mb says:

There’s only 1 thing to say about Winmarleigh,… LEGENDARY
    Max 😀

6. 0722012ls says:

Hi her 4 & 5 if you ever get this wild experience – I’m sure year 5 already know loads but I’m blogging about our trip. It was amazing! When we got there we met our main coaches. Then, when we got into our crops of 12 we got to see our room! I shared mine with Abigail and Alice. We had pink wall paper with two bunkbeds and even our own bathroom!! I was in group 5 and our first activity was … THE GIANT SWING!!!! Everyone was really excited but I wasn’t that keen. She. I saw it, it was HUGE! It was my go first. We went in pairs obviously I was with Alice! We both got strraped in and the rest of the group pulled the rope to make us go high! I thought the instructor said I could pull the rope and I accidentally pulled it and we soared down like an eagle! It was really relaxing actually!

In case your wondering where the school Ipads were, we took them to Winmarleigh to take photos and vidios for a iMovie – you might see them when we’re doing our buffet on Thursday!

By Lucy Scowcroft☺

7. luke says:

winmarleigh was awesome
    luke power

8. Mrs Vickers says:

It was extremely exciting, yet exhausting. My personal favourite activity was the Giant Swing, which me and my friend Dara went on at the same time. We pulled the white string and it flung us through the air before coming to an end. I loved sleeping over night with my friends (Toby, Oliver & Dara) on the bunk beds and I got the top bunk. The food was amazing and I wish I could eat it every day even though my mum thinks she is a good cook. Winmarleigh was fun and to all the year 4’s reading this I would highly recommend it.

Kaiden O’Hare

9. 0722012od says:

Winmarleigh hall was great the food was nice and the activity’s were next level Oliver