Descriptive writing

Buster The Boxer

Watch the video of Buster the Boxer. I hope you enjoy it.

Your task is to write a narrative in the first person as Buster the Boxer. You will tell the story about what happened that night and the next morning. Make sure you get across your thoughts and feelings about watching the other animals, and how it felt when you got your turn on the trampoline that morning. Make sure you edit your work carefully as these will be published, and we will tag Buster the Boxer into these posts, so you may hear back.
Reminder: Please only write your first name when posting your blog.

Some excellent stories have been written about Buster, well done everyone.
Don’t forget to proofread your work to try and improve it, and edit it carefully to check for errors such as sentences not making sense, spelling and punctuation.
Enjoy reading each other’s version of the story.

77 thoughts on “Descriptive writing

1. It was the best day of my life,I will never forget it.My best friend Bridget,was bouncing up on her bed it was so fascinating to watch she looked like she was having so much fun.Then her mum came in and told her to settle down,she looked out of the window and grinned,what was she grinning at? She led me down stairs where dad was sittting down looking tired and weak.I wondered what had happened,I walked up to the window and sat down only to see a bizarre machine with a bow attached to it,what was this and who was it for? Then suddenly a fox poked its head out of the bush and stolled into the garden,it headed strait to the machine and jumped onto it.It started bouncing up and down on it,then a whole host of animals came and started jumping on it,oh how I wish I was bouncing on it.I had seen Bridget do this many times on her bed,so this machine was probably for her.I let out a whimper to myself and stared at the other animals as they where bouncing up and down on Bridget’s present.
    It was Christmas day and Bridget woke up early and dashed down the stairs eager to see what presents she had got,

2. It was the best day ever! Something that I shall always remember. It all started when I was watching Bridget eagerly bouncing on the bed (as I always do). Then I saw dad building something in the cold.Poor him!When he finished some animals came and started bouncing on it.Now I was really keen.
    Today was Christmas! We all went downstairs and opened the door. As I was going outside I noticed some snowflakes fluttering onto the ground but that didn’t stop me. I ran straight ahead. Now it’s my turn to go on that bouncy thing.
    They all looked at me with their mouths wide open, starring at me but I didn’t care because I was having so much fun.
    It amazing.

3. This was the the best day ever, I will always remember it.As I sat down on the floor,on Christmas Eve,I started watching my best friend Bridget bouncing on her bed.I wanted to join her but I have tried it before and I got told of.After a while of bouncing, her mum came in and told her to go to bed and told me to get out!Then I saw my dad building a weird machine,confused as to what it could be I stared at him until he had finished building the weird machine.when we were all rested I gazed out side at the calm snow, but then I realised that foxes had gone onto the weird machine thing an had started bouncing.Then a badger came on and so did a squirrel and also a hedhog and they were all bouncing together happily.I felt left out,so started whimpering to myself quietly and calmly.After a restful night, it was Christmas morning and Bridget woke up to a massive surprise.

4. It was the best day ever , I will never forget it it all started not long ago.my head moved to the motion of Bridget:as she jumps up and down on her bed.I wish I could do it,it looks like so much fun;every time Bridget lets me do it mum always tells me to get off the bed.Its so unfair.Today Bridget was jumping on her bed ,and mum told her to get down to go to bed.I when I came down stairs dad was making a strange big metal machine.I was so puzzled and confused by it.I wondered why he was out in the freezing cold weather ,then he put a bow on it I was so confused.
    Not long later,a pair of foxes came out from the bush.They climbed up the metal ladder, then they started bouncing it looked so much fun I really wanted to be on there with them.not long later my badger friend joined them they were having an absolute wonderful time I was really jealous . Soon after that all my other friends came on they were playing together and having fun. Felling sorry for myself I whimpered quietly to myself , jealous and depressed . This morning Bridget sprint down stairs in her pyjamas and ran towards the bouncy object. But it was mine I was going to try it for myself. Just as Bridget was about to go in it I made a jump into it . It was the best day ever , it was the best feeling ever Bridget , mum and dad looked amazed but I couldn’t care less. It was the best day ever I will never forget it .

5. It was the best day ever, I’ll never forget it. It all started when,Bridget and I were playing bounce on her bed , until mum came in . Why can’t I jump on the bed? She always does it ; I get told off.
    When Bridget was in bed ,dad was outside making a weird machine! Why on earth is he outside in the freezing cold for? Its late! Now animals are jumping on it . I know what it is , it’s a bouncy thing ! Why can’t I go?. After a while, the cold white thing welcomed more animals.They were my chasing friends. I sat near the glass door and whimpered to myself.
    It’s Christmas!! Bridget runs down as dad opens the door , she runs out – I shoot out beating my best friend and jumped on the bouncy thing – stood staring with their mouths wide open my family started laughing. I wagged my tail with pure joy .
    It was the best day ever, I’ll never forget it.

6. It was the best day , many months ago on the night before Christmas. I will always remember that day. It all started when my owner (Brigit) was bouncing happily on her bed, whilst I (Buster) was watching her, whishing I could do the same, but I knew I wouldn’t be allowed. Soon after, her mum comes in and gently kisses her good night, then quitely walks out and shuts the door behind her.
    Later that night, I went down stairs without making a noise, and sat at the window and peered out side, snow started to glide down from the sky and then melted onto the ground . Dad was making a strange machine in the garden, confused as what it could be I carried on looking over to the machine. He was done now so he went inside. When Suddenly, I saw two figures sticking their heads out of the bushes, it was two foxes, I couldn’t believe it. Strangely, they were climbing up some leaders then started bouncing on this weird object. I thought to my self, “wow I want to go on that.what is that?”

7. Today it was night time on Christmas Eve, but it was the best day ever. As I sat on the floor, I started to watch my best friend Bridget jumping on her bed smiling as she bounced up and down. She really liked jumping on her bed. How I wish I got a go at jumping on the bed but I always get told off as soon as I attempted to get on. I stared out at dad who was making a strange machine, confused as what it could be I was wagging my tale with pure excitement. When dad came inside I was still gazing at the eye catching machine. But as soon as I looked away for one second there was to small foxes scampering across the ground trying to get on it but just in my luck they did. They started to bounce on it It looked fun I started to get angry as they were bouncing on my terrotory. I whimpered quietly to myself as I wondered how it would be like to do that myself every.

8. It was the best moment of my life. It all began a few months back when me and Bridit were jumping on her bed when mum came in. She told me to get of the bed because Bridit had to go to bed. Also she said something about the word Christmas;I think that is when children get presents of the man with the big beard and the red pyjamas. When Bridit was in bed I saw Dad building a strange machine in the garden, I wonder what it is.Later on that night,i saw two foxes bouncing up and down on the machine.Not long after, I saw a badger as well,was I dreaming this.More and more animals joined them.I started whimpering but mum and dad just gave me a bown.I tried and tried to get there atenion but they just thought I had gone mad.I could hold my temtaition mutch longer I was felling so jealous. The next morning a woke up was it a dream. I was not wasting any time to find out. Wagging my tail in sheer excitement I jumped up onto the machine and started bouncing up and down.I really don’t know what they are starting at.

9. It was the best feeling ever, something I will always remember. It all started a few months ago, every day Bridget would jump up on her bed in her room. I drempt of bouncing with her; I get in trouble when I go on the bed.
    One night dad went outside while Bridget was asleep. I stared out at dad building the strange contraption, confused at what it could possibly be. He put a rose red bow on it and headed towards the back door. Wiping the snow of his boots, he took his damp coat of and sat next to mum.
    Later that cold and frost night, two elegant foxes climbed up the lander and onto the machine. What were they doing on dad’s machine? Up they went jumping with satisfaction!

10. I’m Buster the Boxer and this was the best day of my life.It all started on Christmas Eve when I saw Bridget bouncing on her bed like she always does.Every time I see her bouncing on her bed I want to bounce on it,but I know that I’m not allowed. I’ve bounced on it before but I got told to get off. When Bridget went to bed I saw dad putting up a strange machine. I stared at him building the strange machine, confused as to what an earth it could be. I went downstairs and looked at the machine again and I saw a bow on it. Before long, I saw some foxes climb onto the machine. Wondering about what they were doing. I watched them as carefully as I could. Then they started to bounce on it. A short while later, a badger came and started to bounce on the machine with the foxes. Then a squirrel and a hedgehog joined in with the foxes and the badger. I felt lonely. The following morning Bridget woke up and ran straight downstairs. When she saw the machine dad opened the door and let her out. Wanting to get on the machine I ran as fast as I could and jumped onto the machine. I started to bounce as high as I could. I was wagging my tail in excitement. When mum dad and Bridget saw me they looked at me with their mouths wide open. It was he best day of my life.

• I’m Buster the Boxer and this was the best day of my life.It all started on Christmas Eve when I saw Bridget bouncing on her bed like she always does. I was sat on the floor watching her. I really wanted to have a go, but I can’t. I desperately wanted to bounce on the bed but I knew I would get in trouble. It looked like so much fun. Bridget went to bed. Then later that night I saw dad putting up a strange machine.I stared out at dad building the strange machine, confused as to what an earth it could be. I went downstairs and looked at the machine again and I saw a bow on it. Before long, I saw some foxes climb onto the machine. Wondering about what they were doing. Then they climbed up the ladder, which was attached to the strange machine. I watched them as carefully as I could. Then they started to bounce on it. A short while later, a badger came and started to bounce on the machine with the foxes. Then a squirrel and a hedgehog joined in with the foxes and the badger. I whimpered to my self.

The following morning Bridget woke up and ran straight downstairs. When she
      saw the machine dad opened the door and let her out. Wanting to get on the machine I ran as fast as I could and jumped onto the machine. I started to bounce as high as I could. I was wagging my tail in excitement. When mum dad and Bridget saw me they looked at me with their mouths wide open. It was he best day of my life.
      By Daniel

11. This was the greatest day ever. It all began when Bridget – My best friend – was jumping on her bed, happily as always. Then Barbara (That’s what everyone calls her) came in, and told Bridget to go to sleep so Santa will come soon. Santa sounds like a very nice man. Bridget went to sleep and I had to go downstairs, so I did. I stared out of the window, Bob (Bridget’s dad) was doing something quirky and intriguing. I stayed to watch what he was doing, but after a while, he hurt himself. He was building something, and I really doubt it was harmless. I think it’s a present for Bridget, I could tell because of the huge red thing that I usually chew up on gifts. I’m not sure Bridget should have it, Bob hurt himself and Bridget could as well! What was that machine?

The night was young and I heard rustling in the bushes. I looked around the room, Bob and Barbara were just sat, watching TV, almost without a care in the world. I looked out of the window at the bushes and saw a mark in the snow. A small footprint in the snow. A footprint that I had seen before. Foxes! The foxes had arrived again, stealing my food, taking up my garden, marking their territory in my territory. I chase them for fun, they get chased and run. It’s the same every day. I stayed inaudible (I’m proud of my vocab today) to see what they were doing, maybe apologising to poor old (By which I mean very young) Buster? Then they approached the machine…

The bigger fox jumped. Then the smaller one jumped. Then they both jumped and soared, over and over and over again. I was jealous of course. I wanted to fly too! It was almost like they were mocking me, they were jumping, laughing almost, and I swear one of them made eye contact with me.

Night was nigh (I think ‘nigh’ is the word, I heard it in Christmas Carols a few times) and more animals were on there! Mr Hedge the hedgehog was on there, as was Miss Squirrel. All of them were jumping up and down, having the time of their life, and they never even thought about me. Annoying tiny beasts!

Morning was here, I was sulking a bit whilst waiting for Bridget to wake up. I almost had a stroke when she jumped out of bed, mostly because she almost stood on me. She almost fell down the stairs at her speed, so I followed after her in case she needed a helping hand – or paw. We ran into the kitchen, we were both excited, and I didn’t even know why! When Bridget opened the door, I was confused, cold blew in, lights shone, then when my eyes set…there it was. The bouncy-bounce. I ran to it. A race between Bridget and I. She was opening her arms as if to stop me. I wasn’t going to be beaten. I leaped…I landed…on the bouncy-bounce…it was incredible! I was bouncing so high up it was implausible! The weight of my own legs had almost decreased by 80%! My ears were flinging about, my cheeks were weightless, the air was blowing up my ears. It was all worth it for the bouncy-bounce. I’ve never been more ecstatic in my life! This so beats the time I broke into Bridget’s school! I heard Barbara mumble something about a circus dog, so I might meet one of those for Christmas as well! I really am a smart dog, aren’t I? Barbara is proud of me and is taking me to a circus, giving me treats, and I wonder what Santa will bring me (Maybe an abacus because I’m so smart)! I should be in a circus! I’m Buster the Brainiac trapeze artist! Not trying to brag but…I’m irresistible!

12. This was the best day ever! It all began late last night. Bridget (my best friend) was jumping on her bed – I was so excited for my go – when mum came in and said it was …bed time! I didn’t get my go. I peered out of the window to see dad building some sort of weird circular thing. It didn’t look safe as dad looked like he had just really hurt is finger. I went downstairs with mum.
    I sat by the door looking at the strange thing wondering about it. Soon after I saw two strangers wander around our back garden near the circle thing. I think people call them foxes. They looked like they were going to go on that thing that dad built but I was not sure if they would. Slowly but boldly, the first fox began to go on it. He then jumped and jumped and jumped again and then he flew! The other fox then took his first bounce and he flew up to the sky. Then another animal came on – I think it’s called a badger – and he did exactly the same as the others.
    Soon enough a whole host of animals joined them. They are all just like Bridget. After a while, I noticed a big – wait no huge – Christmas red bow on the side of the thing. It was a present for Bridget! She loves jumping on her bed so much they got her a weird thing to fly on! I wonder if I’m allowed a go? I wonder if they’ll let me out now?! Now I’m just so agitated! How come total strangers can go on Bridget’s present but I (her best friend) can’t? This is so not fair! I should warn them. Or should I? Na I won’t. Time to go to bed anyway.
    YES!!! It’s finally morning! They’re coming down! They opened the door! It’s now or never! WEEEEEEE!!! I’m on and I’m finally flying! I think Bridget is upset. Or confused. Either way I don’t care! I’m on a…on a… that’s it. A…trampoline! Mum and dad look absolutely flabbergasted! Look how clever I am. I think I’ll go by the name BUSTER THE JUMPING, FLYING SUPREME!

13. This was the best day ever. It took place last night when Bridget – my best friend – was bouncing on her bed. I didn’t know if I was allowed to, so I just watched and hoped. Then her mother entered the room, and told Bridget it was her bedtime. The child was clearly excited, but obeyed her mother’s command. I hurried off downstairs out of the way, and out of the living room patio doors, spotted Dad. He was looking at a piece of paper with pictures on it, and wiped his face. He was stood outside, in the middle of the night, building something! What on earth he was building, I don’t know. Part of a strange metal appliance was lying on the ground. The other half was already finished. As I turned around, I heard a shout. Luckily, nothing serious had occurred, but Bridget’s dad had hurt his hand!
    When he had finished, I noticed some strange intruders entering our garden. They looked like foxes but I wasn’t quite sure. They gradually made their way onto the ever so strange mechanism, as I watched intently. The first fox boldly jumped, bounced and landed. He did it again, and his companion copied him. All of a sudden, they were bouncing in perfect harmony; in fact they may have even been flying! At that moment another creature joined them, this time in the form of a badger, who stepped quietly onto the bouncy thing. The foxes demonstrated what they had learnt, and soon enough the stranger was bouncing happily with the pair. It reminded me of Bridget. A whole host of creatures including a grey squirrel were now enjoying the fun. I was green with envy- who did those animals think they were, barging into my garden. I let out a soft yet saddening whimper.
    The next morning, Bridget immediately leapt out of bed and sprinted downstairs. Dad, waiting for her, slid open the door to reveal a bouncy paradise. She clearly recognised the object, for she bounded towards it in great delight, her smile growing with each and every step. Now was my chance. In my mind the only thing that mattered now was the massive bouncy thingamajig. I have never jumped so high in my life. Flinging myself onto it, I immediately began leaping up and down, my tongue hanging out, tail wagging like crazy. Her parents were absolutely flabbergasted. They had probably never seen a dog as smart as me before. I have the potential to do great things, don’t I? Yes, I thought so. Think of me when you go to the circus, think of me. ‘Buster the flying dog’.

14. This was the best day ever! It all began when my best friend Bridget was happily jumping on what I think they call a bed. I watched her as she moved up and down, panting with joy. I longed so much to do it too. Interrupting her enjoyment, mum came upstairs and tucked her in. I noticed she kept glancing out the window continuously. I followed her downstairs, as I wasn’t allowed to sleep on the bed. Outside in the freezing cold, dad was building a mysterious object. Why would he do that? After a while of trying to figure out how to build it, dad came through the door and fell straight onto the couch (one of my favourite places)
    The night was still young, when all of a sudden I heard rustling in the bushes. Suddenly, sly intruders came sneaking right into MY garden! Two of them. Straight away they jumped onto the strange machine that dad had built. I growled, trying to alert mum and dad. How dare they? However, I longed to be with them. All of a sudden, they were jumping – in fact, I think they were flying! I didn’t look away once. Within seconds, another strange creature had joined them. They stopped flying through the air, but almost immediately, they began jumping again. All three of them this time. I whimpered in sadness to myself. Why wasn’t I allowed to be out there? Other animals were joining them now. I was filled with envy.
    I woke up to Bridget running downstairs ecstatically. She ran straight into the living room, and looked amazed at what she saw. It was the big machine! Although this time, it was completely bare. No strange creatures. Nothing. They’d had their turn. It was mine now. I took the opportunity and ran straight past Bridget. I flung myself on in delight as I flew up into the air. I could see over the fence! This is all I ever dreamed of. I noticed mum, dad and Bridget stood still with shocked looks on their faces. They stared at me as if I was an idiot! I carried on though. I could see space! (I think) I’m Buster the astronaut!

15. This was the best day ever. It took place last night when a small girl called Bridget -my best friend- was bouncing on her bed as usual, like always I hoped that I could join her but I don’t want to be cast out for the night ; I normally don’t chance it but tonight I was extremely bored. As I watched her, my head followed the uneven movement. Rudely destroying her enjoyment, her Mum came to tuck her in for tomorrow which the humans call Christmas. Strangely enough, her Dad wasn’t there. I had to find this man who was so special to Bridget, so I set off on my search. Upstairs out of the reflecting thing, I spotted a fairly familiar man.
    Why would anyone stay out in the freezing cold, building a mysterious mechanism? After a while, it appeared to be finished, but I still didn’t recognise anything about it. I may not know what it was but I figured it had to be for Bridget who was probably fast asleep by now- tired from bouncing on her bed for a long period of time- whilst I was sat down here ignoring the noisy human talk. It was getting dark now and I had searched my whole brain for what it was but I STILL didn’t have a clue! This was as irritating as a whole swarm of flies buzzing around you.
    From around the corner, sly intruders had stalked to this machine. How dare they! They crept up to it and unexpectedly pounced. I obviously wasn’t right but to me it looked like Bridget bouncing on her bed. The strange meshy floor gave way and they took off into the air. It was like they were flying! Their tails flying with enjoyment, their tongues wagging with happiness, all this was happening whilst I was forced to sit inside, watching enviously. Interrupting their enjoyment, a black and white creature slowly walked to it. Over the fact there was a stranger, they started leaping in harmony. This smelt fishy. By now I was tired from being envious and finally rested my head and drifted off into a deep sleep. I approached this peaceful sleep with my head full of crazy images of meshy floors, flying in the air and those strange objects.
    It was soon morning. My head swayed with exhaustion as I yawned my tired head off. Staggering down the stairs, a dogs best friend, my best friend, literally fell onto her knees as she saw the gift. This was my chance, time to get my go…
    They opened the glass door but I was so caught up in my excitement I almost slammed my head into it. The joyful human had already started to race me out of the boring house. I had to get there first. I took off with a gust of speed, something I never knew I had. I leaped onto this fun world of flying. This is why everyone had loved it, this is why it was worth building in the freezing cold. They all stood flabbergasted, I was not surprised, I thought I looked like the smartest doggy alive. Buster the trapezier!

16. This was the best day ever. It all began when I saw Bridget (my best friend in the whole wide world) excitedly bouncing on her, I think it’s called a bed. I was nodding my head in synch with her bouncing. Why can’t I do that? Then mum came in and told her to settle down and go to bed, I really enjoyed watching that but mum did not seem to care, so I walked slowly downstairs to see her father building this circular thing in the garden. What is that? He looked like he was having a little trouble, because he trapped his finger in a metal pole! It had this huge crimson-red bow, it has to be a present for me. Oh how I wish I could have a go on it right now, it looks so strange!

Then these intruders, in my garden, started to sniff around the circular object. Do they know what it is? Then they climbed on this thing, but then they started to jump on this present for Bridget- how very dare them. They seemed to be flying in the air, it looked so cool. How were they doing that I thought. I started to whimper, quietly to myself trying my best to get mum and dads attention. It didn’t work.

I thought that they were going to go soon but then this strange black and white creature, which I believe is called a badger, appeared. then the foxes stopped. Did they like this creature? Did it bring them harm? But then that started to bounce with the foxes. They started to bounce in unison with each other. Just when I thought there could be no more, a bunch of other animals jumped on, squirrels and hedgehogs. They looked like they were having so much fun.

Finally , the morning came I have my chance now I can’t blow it come on buster. Bridget came running downstairs. Excited to see my bouncy cage. Mum opened the door she gazed at this wonderful bouncy cage. So… I ran with all my might to reach my machine. I pounced on it and jumped and jumped and fell over a couple of times. Mum, dad and Bridget stared opened mouthed, at me!

I was having the time of my life and I did not stop!

17. This was the best day ever. It took place last night when a small girl called Bridget -my best friend- was bouncing on her bed as usual, like always I hoped that I could join her but I don’t want to be cast out for the night ; I normally don’t chance it but tonight I was extremely bored. As I watched her, my head followed the uneven movement. Rudely destroying her enjoyment, her Mum came to tuck her in for tomorrow which the humans call Christmas. Strangely enough, her Dad wasn’t there. I had to find this man who was so special to Bridget, so I set off on my search. Upstairs out of the reflecting thing, I spotted a fairly familiar man.
    I clearly had a lot to learn 🙂

18. It was the best moment of my life. It all began a few months back when me and Bridit were jumping on her bed when mum came in. She told me to get of the bed because Bridit had to go to bed. Also she said something about the word Christmas;I think that is when children get presents of the man with the big beard and the red pyjamas. When Bridit was in bed I saw Dad building a strange machine in the garden, I wonder what it is. Later on that night,i saw two foxes bouncing up and down on the machine.Not long after, I saw a badger as well,was I dreaming this.More and more animals joined them.I started whimpering but mum and dad just gave me a bown.I tried and tried to get there atenion but they just thought I had gone mad.I could hold my temtaition mutch longer I was felling so jealous. The next morning a woke up;was it a dream. I was not wasting any time to find out. Wagging my tail in sheer excitement I jumped up onto the machine and started bouncing up and down.I really don’t know what they are starting at.It was the best moment of my life!!!

19. This was the best day ever!!! It all started last night when Bridget was bouncing on her soft bed and I sat longingly looking at her. Then who should come in but mum to spoil the fun. She tucked up her little child – my best friend – and kissed her good night; she fell quickly asleep. I noticed that mum was gazing out the window. As I looked out of the window I noticed Dad building what looked like a giant cage. It looked very exciting yet very terrifying. At that moment Dad cut himself accidently: I think he is ok now though. Soon after, Dad came in cold and tired.
    I was sat in the living room about a minute after Dad came in, out of the corner of my eye I spotted to ginger animals, they were slightly like me but slick and sly. I stalked them like a predator ready to kill. I watched in envy as the sly creatures started to jump on the cage, then fly. How I wish I could have joined in – those terrible things just stole the spotlight.
    I sat longingly dwelling in my silent sadness; I spotted more strange creatures this time they were different. One was spiky another was fury the last was fury too. They flew in unison like Olympic acrobats. In anger I growled at the unwanted intruders. My heart flew into an open rage as Mum and Dad did not notice. These things were so vile.
    That morning Bridget bounced out of bed with excitement, as she reached the kitchen door and stopped to look at the cage but little did she know I was behind her. I leaped over her and flew into the cage and started to fly. It really was the best day ever!!!

20. #BustertheDog
    This was the greatest day ever. It all began when Bridget – My best friend – was jumping on her bed, happily as always. Then Barbara (That’s what everyone calls her) came in, and told Bridget to go to sleep so Santa will come soon. Santa sounds like a very nice man. Bridget went to sleep and I had to go downstairs, so I did. I stared out of the window, Bob (Bridget’s dad) was doing something quirky and intriguing. I stayed to watch what he was doing, but after a while, he hurt himself. He was building something, and I really doubt it was harmless. I think it’s a present for Bridget, I could tell because of the huge red thing that I usually chew up on gifts. I’m not sure Bridget should have it, Bob hurt himself and Bridget could as well! What was that machine?

The greater fox jumped. Then the minor one jumped. Then they both jumped and soared, over and over and over again. I was jealous of course. I wanted to fly too! It was almost like they were mocking me, they were jumping, laughing almost, and I swear one of them made eye contact with me.

21. It was the best day ever , I will never forget it it all started not long ago.my head moved to the motion of Bridget:as she jumps up and down on her bed.I wish I could do it.It looks like so much fun;every time Bridget lets me do it mum always tells me to get off the bed.Its so unfair.Today Bridget was jumping on her bed ,and mum told her to get down to go to bed.I when I came down stairs dad was making a strange big metal machine.I was so puzzled and confused by it.I wondered why he was out in the freezing cold weather , making it – he put a bow on ,it I was so confused.
    Not long later,a pair of foxes came out from the bush.They climbed up the metal ladder, then they started bouncing it looked so much fun- I really wanted to be on there with them.not long later my badger friend joined them they were having an absolute wonderful time I was really jealous . Soon after that all my other friends came on they were playing together and having fun. Fealing sorry for myself I whimpered quietly to myself , jealous and depressed . This morning Bridget sprint down stairs in her pyjamas and dad opened the door she ran towards the bouncy object. But it was mine ,I was going to try it for myself. Just as Bridget was about to go in it I made a jump into it . It was the best day ever , it was the best feeling ever. Bridget , mum and dad looked amazed but I couldn’t care less. It was the best day ever I will never forget it .

22. This was the best day ever! It all began when night was neigh and Bridget (my BEST friend) was bouncing in excitement on what I think is called a bed. It looked like a very fun activity – one I would love to do but I cant even sit on a coach – let alone jumping on a mattress! . My head was nodding up and down. My mind was full of questions, ones I had never thought of. I was desperate to have my go; mum came barging in, ordering her to stop and go to sleep. She gave us both a slobbery kiss. After a while, I decided to go downstairs and sit beside a window, all I saw was dad building a strange machine. I was desperate to know what strange jail thing he was making. What on earth is he doing? Does he even know how to use this thing? Is he safe? He keeps on getting hurt. Finally , he had finished, and still all I saw was a strange towering thing that stood itself in my garden. I noticed it had a Christmas crimson – red bow : I knew it was a present, but for whom? While I tilted my head to the right and stared at the thingamabob, I spotted two small intruders creeping towards what I think was called a machine. They started to climb and step in it – One was fearless while the other one, well, let me just say was the opposite. They both started to bounce, one jumped higher than the other. Then they began to jump in unison. It looked so beautiful! I whimpered quietly to myself with envy. I started to growl, it was if they were flying. Their tales flew with joy. My family were sitting on the comfy and worm sofa while I sat staring outside the window. All I could see was a whole series of creatures. The foxes stopped, but then all of a sudden they flew once again in sink. How I wish I was there – there with the black and white animals and all other fascinating creatures I had never actually seen. My eyes began to close. I went upstairs and cuddled under Bridget’s hands. It was now morning, Bridget jolted outside. That is when I noticed why she was running. She stopped – stopped dead in her foot tracks. Then she ran, with a huge smile on her face. Then I knew I had to have a go; I ran then leaped….I landed with a role and started to jump. Everything was still. I was jumping. My dream was then fulfilled. They stared opened mouthed and with amazement. I couldn’t have been more happy ever. This was the best Christmas Eve ever!

23. It was the best day of my life,I will never forget it.My best friend Bridget,was bouncing up on her bed it was so fascinating to watch she looked like she was having so much fun.Then her mum came in and told her to settle down,she looked out of the window and grinned,what was she grinning at? She led me down stairs where dad was sittting down looking tired and weak.I wondered what had happened,I walked up to the window and sat down only to see a bizarre machine with a bow attached to it,what was this and who was it for? Then suddenly a fox poked its head out of the bush and strolled into the garden,it headed strait to the machine and jumped onto it.It started bouncing up and down on it,then a whole host of animals came and started jumping on it,oh how I wish I was On it.It was a bouncing machine for animals,it must have been for me.I let out a whimper to myself and stared at the other animals as they were bouncing up and down on It.
    It was Christmas day and Bridget woke up early and dashed down the stairs eager to see what presents she had got,her mum and dad opened the door that led to the garden.The machine was there in the garden with the red bow still attached to it,she was runnning towards it with a smile spread across her face.This was my opportunity,I ran towards it as fast as I could and jumped.
    It was the best feeling ever. By Ewan

24. This was the best day ever! It all started last night when Bridgette (my best friend) was bouncing on her bed. As normal I stood watching her while panting and shaking my head up and down and up and down…Soon after mum came in and put Bridgette to bed. If only I could jump on her pink fluffy bed as well but mum doesn’t let me – not even if it’s my birthday! Then mum made me go downstairs.
    While I was downstairs with mum I spotted dad doing the strangest thing he was somehow sticking pieces of metal together. What on earth could it be? I couldn’t stop staring at it. Then he tied a large red ribbon on it, to tell the truth I wouldn’t want a rusty piece of metal for Christmas. Soon enough he came in and sat with mum without even taking any notice to me (he normally does that when he’s tired).
    After a while some intruders came into our garden how dare they! I tried to alert mum and dad but all I had for a reply was “shh this is the best part.” I was so agitated. What was I to do? After thinking for a while I realised I couldn’t do anything except watch and that’s what I did. You’ll never guess what happened next. They jumped on the metal thingy but then they began to bounce – no fly! I green with envy. I wanted to fly (not with them of course).I began to cry and whimper I felt so alone I really needed a hug from Bridgette right now.
    Minutes later a badger came on. The foxes froze on the spot. Seconds later they were all happily jumping together on it. Soon enough there was a zoo of forest animals on there it was crazy!
    The next day Bridgette got up super early much earlier than normal anyway. She nearly gave me a heart attack mostly because she nearly squashed me! As Bridgette ran down the hall dad opened the backdoor and Bridgette ran as fast as a cheetah but I was faster than her and beat her to the machine in the garden. Then I jumped onto it and flew. I never knew I had such amazing magical powers. Everyone gazed at me even. It was amazing (just like chicken flavoured dog food)!

25. This was the the best day ever, I will always remember it. As I sat down on the floor,on Christmas Eve,I started watching my best friend Bridget bouncing on her bed.My head was going up and down as Bridget bounced.I wanted to join her but I have tried it before and I got told of.After a while of bouncing, her mum came in and told her to go to bed and told me to get out!
    Then I saw my dad building a weird machine,confused as to what it could be I stared at him until he had finished building the weird machine.when we were all rested I gazed out side at the calm snow, but then I realised that foxes had come out of the bush and walked on the soft blanket of snow and had climbed up the ladders,gone onto the weird machine thing an had started bouncing.Then a badger came on and so did a squirrel and also a hedhog and they were all bouncing together happily.I felt left out,so started whimpering to myself quietly and calmly.
    After a restful night, it was Christmas morning and Bridget woke up to a massive surprise. Dad opened the door and Bridget ran out side but I got to the weird machine first and started bouncing on it. While I was bouncing, mum, dad and Bridget’s mouths were wide open and I was having an amazing time living my dream. It was the best day ever I will rember it forever!

Isobel

26. It was the greatest feeling I’ve ever had,it is something I will always remember. It all started on Christmas Eve in Bridget’s bedroom. Bridget was jumping on her bed; I wish I could of joined in ,but when ever I tried I got shouted at. She was excited for Christmas ,so she was prancing around that’s the reason mum said”to calm down.”later that night her dad went out in the cold for some reason. It was snowing lightly he was build a strange machine,I was confused as what in the world could it possibly be. When he finally finished he tied a red bow to it. Soon after while mum and dad were watching tv tow foxes scampering into their garden the climed onto the machine they started jumping,I was amazed at this weird thing. More animals joined, even they didn’t know what it was. It wasn’t fear I wanted to be jumping on it ,but I wasn’t allowed to go out. With envy, I stared at them jumping up and down. It was a bouncing machine for animals. I whimpered to myself.
    As morning broke, I wanted to get their first. Bridget ran downstairs and outside. I needed to get their before her! I raced her and jumped on. I waged my tail,in sheer joy. It was just like when Bridget was bouncing up and down. Their mothes dropped and they stood still in amazement.This was my kind of toy. It a bounceing machine. I was the greatest feeling I’ve ever had,it is something I will always remember.
    By kitt

27. I’m Buster the Boxer and I’m going to tell you the story of the best day of my life.
    It was the best Christmas ever, something that I won’t forget. It all started on Christmas Eve when Bridget was bouncing on her bed. It was like she was flying and I wanted to jump on the bed too. Suddenly, mum came upstairs and put Bridget to bed and I then went downstairs. Then I looked out of the kitchen window and I saw dad making a giant machine thing. With curiosity, I starred at the machine wondering what it did. What was it? What was it made for? Why would Bridget want a machine? Dad then came back in. So many qestions filled my mind. It was as tall as dad. It was almost the same size as are car.
    Out of nowhere, two foxes appeared from the bushes. Then they slowly scampered across the back garden and climbed into the opening of the machine. Once they was in it, each step they took, the machine seemed to make them bounce. Then they started jumping and soon after, they ascended high into the sky. Not long after, the foxes was joined by a badger. Then snow slowly decended down from the pitch black sky. A couple of minutes later, the machine was full of animals. There were; two foxes, a badger, a squirrel and a hedgehog. I wanted to join in so badly. I wimpered to myself. It was like a animal catapult.
    On Christmas Day, me and Bridget awoke with excitement. We rushed downstairs. Headed outside. We ran towards the machine, but I beat her to it. I jumped inside. Finally I got to fly! My waiting had come to a end. I was so high and I felt as if I was a bird. This was better than the bed. It was great! I did twirls and front flips and back flips! It was an amazing experience! I saw mum and dad’s mouths widen. It was great! It was the best Christmas ever, something I won’t forget.
    By Kian

28. It was the most amazing thing in the world, something I will never forget. It was the night of Christmas Eve, Bridget was bouncing on the bed, up and down, up and down, I wish I could do that. Bridget had to go to bed; I had to go downstairs. Outside dad was building a strange machine, I was confused at what it could be.
    Looking out of the window, I noticed foxes in the garden, it looked as though they were heading to the wierd machine dad had built earlier. Slowly, more and more animals came and they all went on that machine. It turns out that it was a bouncy thing, and it was the perfect bouncing thing for me. Whimpering to my self, I wish I could go on it now, but mum and dad would shout at me if I did that.
    Little flakes of snow were falling softly onto the ground, all night long. I was up all night thinking about that machine, wanting to go on it, wanting to know what it actually is. I tried to rest my eyes. I tried to lie down. I tried to move places, but nothing worked, I just couldn’t stop thinking about the next morning when I can go on it, but I just had to wait.
    It was finally the morning, it was finally my turn, Bridget ran down stairs in excitement, opened the door and ran towards the bouncy machine. I knew I had to get there before her, so I ran towards it, leaped into the air and landed on the machine. My tail was wagging, my eyes were lighting up, i was barking like mad, I bounced up and down, up and down, just like Bridget did on her bed. It was the most amazing thing in the world, something I will never forget.
    By Aine

29. This was the best day of my life,I will remember this forever!!!it all started a few weeks ago when Bridget was bouncing on her bed. I wish I could do that.I have done it once but I got told off. On Christmas Eve, dad was putting up a strange machine. Later that night, I saw two foxes go on the machine. One started to jump, the other copied. IT WAS A BOUNCING MACHINE… FOR ME!!! I KNOW THAT BECAUSE ANIMALS ARE ON IT!!!
    The snowflakes started to fall on the foxes that we’re overjoyed to be on that machine. After a while, a badger joined them. The foxes showed the badger what to do and eventually they were all having a great time. I started to whimper quietly to myself. The next thing that I knew, two squirrels jumped on to the machines and were flying almost for all of the weight on the springy things . The animals had now been joined by a hedgehog. I was jealous; I wanted a go!
    In the morning, Bridget woke up and scrambled down stairs. When dad opened the door, Bridget and I both ran outside. I beat her to the machine!! This was the best day of my life, I will remember this forever!!!

30. It was the best moment of my life. It all began a few months back when me and Bridit were jumping on her bed when mum came in. She told me to get of the bed because Bridit had to go to bed. Also she said something about the word Christmas(I think that is when children get presents of the man with the big beard and the red pyjamas.)

When Bridit was in bed I saw Dad building a strange machine in the garden, I wondered what it was?Later on that night,I saw two foxes bouncing up and down on the machine.Not long after, I saw a badger as well,was I dreaming this.More and more animals joined them.I started whimpering but mum and dad just gave me a bown.I tried and tried to get there atenion but they just thought I had gone mad.I couldn’t hold my temtaition mutch longer so I ran up to the see though thing and hit it as hard as I could.It didn’t break. I was so jealous

The next morning i woke up; was it a dream. I was not wasting any time to find out. Wagging my tail in sheer excitement I jumped up onto the machine and started bouncing up and down.I really don’t know what they are starting at I thought- It was the best moment of my life!!!

31. This is the best day, it is the day I will always remember! It all started on Christmas Eve when Bridget was bouncing on the bed. I was watching Bridget bouncing on the bed. I desperately wanted to bounce on the bed with Bridget but I knew I would get told off by mum

Later that evening, dad was building a strange machine.Why on earth did dad put a huge red bow on it? I wondered what it was.

Snowflakes were falling from the night sky creating a lovely blanket. At the corner of my eye, to ginger foxes sneaked behind a bush and started to climb up a ladder.
    It reminded me of Bridjet bouncing on the bed. I really wanted to join them because I wanted to bounce on the bed with Bridget. Even more joined the foxes! A badger, a squirrel and a hedgehog joined them!

I started to cry to myself.

The following morning dad opened the door, Bridget and me ran the the bouncy thing and I beet her. Finally I could bounce on the bouncy thing. I bounced while mum, dad and Bridget looked on whith there mouth opened! I saw the outside world and people where just minding there own business. This was the best day, it is the day I will always remember!

32. It was the best day ever, I’ll never forget it. It all started when,Bridget and I were playing bounce on her bed well, until mum came in . Why can’t I jump on the bed ?She always does it ; I get told off.
    Shortly after, when Bridget was in bed ,dad was outside making a weird machine! Why on earth is he outside in the freezing cold for? Its late! Now animals are climbing on it . They’re jumping!I know what it is , it’s a bouncy thing ! For me !I suggest I’ll have to wait for the morning.After a while, the cold white thing welcomed more animals.They were my chasing friends. I sat near the glass door and whimpered to myself.
    It’s Christmas!! Bridget runs down as dad opens the door , she runs out – I shoot out beating my best friend and jumped on the bouncy thing .Stood staring with their mouths wide open my family started laughing. I wagged my tail with pure joy.

33. It was the best feeling ever!It started a couple of weeks ago.I watched her bouncing on her bed everyday, I wanted ago but I always got told of if I tried.Christmas Eve it was, and everyone was having fun; just as Bridget got asked to go to bed, and I to come down stairs, I heard a bang outside. It was dad he was making a very strange machine, it was very tall and had a big net around it.
    By now it was dark and soft snowflakes drifted down to the ground. I sat down at the window, and gazed at the now complete machine, nothing else was going on.Until,all of my night friends came out and lept on to it .It was then I realized it was bouncier than Bridget’s bed,they started jumping up and down on it,their fur was swaying in the wind, and their mouths were drooling in joy. I started to whimper to myself. They were having so much fun.I was jealous.It must be for me if they’re on it.

34. This was the best day EVER! It all began last night where I and Bridget -my best friend-, were playing on her incredibly bouncy bed on a glacial and frosty evening. Well I mean Bridget was playing on her incredibly bouncy bed, poor me, Buster had to face a punishment by staring at Bridget flying like the most delicate Robin full of glee. I panted. I wished I could join in. All of a sudden, Barbara entered the room. She asked her daughter to go to bed. Despite the fact that Bridget was full of excitement, she hurriedly obeyed her mother. After that, Barbara said something incredibly unusual, ‘Christmas day tomorrow’. I had no idea what she was talking about, but I hope it’s about flying and food of course.
    Meanwhile, as Bridget dozed off to sleep I noticed Bob building a mysterious machine in the back of the frost – layered garden. This man is crazy! He is building heavens knows what in the middle of a frosted, glacial winters night. I gazed at the machine with curiosity. Soon later, Bob was finished creating what I thought was a threatening death cage. I stared. I stared for moments with a confused look came across my face. I hoped it was not what dreaded of… A cage…

Confused, I carried on gazing at machine wondering hard and wise for what Bob had created. I was becoming extremely fearful that it was a cage for me as a punishment. I mean what I have done wrong. I’ve only stole a few sausages. Moments later, in the corner of my eye, I noticed creatures entering MY garden. I struggled to identify them at first but I did eventually. Foxes. They were the creatures I despised most. And I spotted them glancing at the ‘cage’. Unsurprisingly, they explored and entered the cage. At first, I thought good riddance because they’ll be trapped in it. However, I soon became to growl. The foxes were FLYING! Then I realised it was another mattress and since Bridget already had a mattress, therefore it must be for ME! No fair. They are playing with my gift. I growled in attempt to catch Bob’s and Barbara’s attention. Unfortunately, it failed. In addition to this pain, an obese badger, a squirrel and an adorable hedgehog all joining in with the fun! Tomorrow morning was going to be the victory of Buster the great. Bob, Barbara and Bridget will see how much of a Brainiac I am.
    Morning came…
    It was time to make my mark. Who cares about best friends, flying is more important. Bridget finally came down ecstatically speeding towards the living room. Bob revealed the machine. Bridget’s jaw dropped. She headed towards the mattress. However, before she reached it I grabbed my claws onto it and began to fly! I was an astronaut! Bob, Barbara and Bridget were open-mouthed. They were flabbergasted. They now knew who I am, Buster the circus trapezium dog.
    Now I am across the bedroom floor, known as…
    Buster the ASTRONAUT !!!

35. It was the best feeling ever, something I will always remember. It all started a few months ago, every day Bridget would jump up on her bed in her room. I drempt of bouncing with her; I get in trouble when I go on the bed. I was sat on the floor watching her my head going up and down.
    Later that cold and frosty evening, two elegant foxes emerged from an evergreen bush and climbed up the lander and onto the machine. What were they doing on dad’s machine? I thought to myself. Up they went jumping with satisfaction! Snowflakes fluttering in the breeze, they carried on jumping on the machine. I quitley whimpered to myself. Just as I was about to leave, more calm animals joined and noticed that this machine put a spring in your step!
    When I finally fell asleep, all I could think about was the animals jumping in the garden. Every now and then I could hear the “pitter patter” from the beautiful snowflakes hitting the roof above me.
    The next morning, I was woken up by Bridget running down the stairs and into the kitchen. Her parents opened the glass-pane doors and she ran out into the garden. I couldn’t help myself! I overtook Bridget and climbed onto the machine. Boing, boing I went! Her parents stood still. With their mouths wide open. But I didn’t care . I barked happily and didn’t stop jumping. It was the best feeling ever, something I will always remember!

36. It was the BEST day of my life! It all started when I was watching Bridget – my best friend- jump on her bed on Christmas Eve. I tried jumping on it before but I got told off so I just watch her now. Mum told Bridget that she had to go to bed because it was late.
    When Bridget fell asleep, I went out of her bedroom ; I saw mum look out the window. I stared out the window and saw dad building a strange looking machine. It look like hard work as dad kept hurting himself but I was confused as to what it could
    After a while, he finished constructing it and came in. I went down and saw mum and dad watching a movie. I wasn’t really into the movie so I just sat at the window and wondered about what this machine could be. Before long, I saw 2 foxes climb into the machine. They started jumping on it. More animals followed them and started jumping on it. I whimpered quietly in envy, watching the animals having fun. There was little snowflakes drifting onto the ground. It all looked so fun : I like catching the flakes with my tongue and jumping!
    In the morning, Bridget sprinted down and was going to open her presents when dad opened the door and Bridget saw my bouncing machine. I raced her to it and started jumping on it. I saw the looks on mum, dad and Bridget’s face but I didn’t care, I still carried on jumping and enjoying myself. It turns out it was Bridget’s jumping machine not mine but I’m still allowed on it! It was the BEST day of my life!
    #bustertheboxer #johnlewis
    By Michael

37. Today it was night time on Christmas Eve, but it was the best day ever. As I sat on the floor, I started to watch my best friend Bridget jumping on her bed smiling as she bounced up and down on her bed. She really liked jumping on her bed. How I wish I got a go at jumping on the bed but I always get told off as soon as I attempted to get on. A while later I stared out at dad who was making a strange machine, confused as what it could be I was wagging my tale with pure excitement. When dad came inside I was still gazing at the eye catching machine. But as soon as I looked away for one second there was two small foxes scampering across the ground trying to get on it but just in my luck they did. They started to bounce on it it looked fun I started to get angry as they were bouncing on my terrotory. I whimpered quietly to myself as I wondered how it would be like to do that myself. Just then a badger, squirell and a hedgehog started to bounce on it. It looks so fun I wish I could be with them. I watched Snowflakes driftingdown from up above slowly forming a thin blanket of snow.
    The next morning was Christmas Day I couldn’t wait to get a go on the bouncing machine. A few minutes later Bridget woke up and dad opened the door for me to bounce on the bouncing machine, so I sprinted and jumped on the trampoline and jumping as high as I can. They started to stare at me with there mouth wide opened. It’s like they couldn’t take there eyes off me. Maya

38. It was the best day ever! Something that I shall always remember. It all started when I was watching Bridget eagerly bouncing on the bed (as I always do). I stared out at dad building something rather strange , confused as what it could be.Poor him! A while later when he had finished,some animals came and started bouncing on it.Now I was really keen.

In the morning, we all rushed downstairs and opened the door. As I was going outside I noticed some snowflakes fluttering onto the ground but that didn’t stop me. I ran straight ahead. Now it’s my turn to go on that bouncy thing.
    I was wagging my tail, with sheer excitement while jumping on it. It was awesome. And that was my best day of my life! It is definitely something I shall always remember!

39. It was the best day of my life, it all started a few weeks ago when I watched Bridgit -who is my best friend in the world-jumping on her bed.
    Later on I was puzzled as I noticed Bridgit’s dad building this weird machine in the garden. I wondered what on the earth it was.
    At night time I noticed that some animals were jumping on the weird machine, it look as if they were having fun,it was a bouncing machine!Then I started to I feel left out because it looked like Bridgit was jumping on her bed -when I wasn’t allowed.
    I wish I could be out there with all the other animals jumping and bouncing on the machine having fun whilst snowflakes are coming gracefully down.
    Soon it came Christmas Day,and once Bridgit’s dad open the door I ran for the machine. Over taking Bridgit I leeped onto the machine looking at Bridgit she and mum and dad looked shocked by my good jumping.It was the best day of my life !

40. It all started the night before Christmas,my favourite day, when Bridget (my owner) was bouncing on her bed and I ( Buster ) was watching her. I’ve really wanted to bounce with her ever since I first saw her do it, but I knew I was not allowed. She looked like she was having fun! Then,her mum came in and said night night to her, turned the light off and gently shut the door a little so I could still get out.
    Soon after, I went downstairs, sat at the window, and notice her dad was outside in the cold building a weird thing in the garden.’ Wow what is that!’ I wonder as he tied a bow on, and came inside. I starred out for ages, when suddenly, I noticed two foxes peeping out off a bush. They started to walk over the the unusual object outside. They walked up the ladders and climbed on. Randomly, they started to hop, then jump! ‘How are they jumping?’ I wondered as they started to go really high.
    A little while later, a badger walked over and he started to bounce and jump on it, and he was doing summer saults and everything! I started to wonder if the animals were on it because it’s mine! Then all of a sudden it started to trickle with snow. It was falling soft and calm. This was making me wonder, if that unusual object was a bouncing machine. I was also concerned off how they knew it made them bounce so high! Soon, a whole gang off animals were jumping, doing tricks and moves. I want a go,I thought to myself! It must be magic if it can make them go THAT high! I whimpered to myself and wonder why I wasn’t out there.
    Then I realised, that weird object was a giant bed. If Bridget can jump high on her bed, then this must be a bigger version of hers. I was really tempered to jump out, but I knew I’d get to go on it tommorrow. I wonder how a bed could make animals go so high? If they can go high, I can go even higher. Wagging my tale I watched them until they all went away, back into the bush.
    When Christmas morning arrived, I was so excited to go on my bouncy bed machine. When Bridget’s dad opened the door, Bridget ran out,so I went with her and ran up to the machine and started to bounce. This was the best feeling ever! Bridget’s parents faces dropped, as then I realised the was not my present… It was Bridget’s!!
    So that was my best day ever! It was very fun indeed. My chance to jump,and reach for the sky. Bridget is the best owner ever!

By Katrina .B.

41. It was so awesome! Something I will never forget. It all started last Christmas Eve,when I was in Bridget’s bedroom. She loved jumping on her bed. She jumped so high. I once went on it but mum and dad told me off and didn’t give me a treat. Bridget let me though.
    I went downstairs; I saw dad building this puzzling machine. What is it? Why Was he out in the cold as this time? I stared at him,confused at what he was doing A few hours later,I was just watching telly and then I saw in the corner of my eye I saw two foxes climb on the machine. They were jumping so high. I wish I was on it. Then a badger came and a squrill AND a hegehog.They all soared through the air-really high.I whimpered quitly to myself,I was jealous of all my friends having so much fun.I really want to jump that high.
    The nigh passed, It was Christmas Day. I heard Bridget running downstairs. I had to beat her to it. I had to go on it. I jumped up and flew across the garden. I leaped up on the trampoline. I bounced so high. I never thought that I could jumps this high.It was the best feeling in the world. The family was looking at me mouths open. I dint care I just loved flying through the air. I was so awesome! Something I will never forget.

42. It was an amazing feeling, the best ever, something that will always be in my mind and the sensation will always stay with me. It all happened a month ago Christmas Eve a night I will always remember.
    That night Bridget was bouncing on the bed (I wanted to so badly but I knew if I did it might not end well for me ) and she had been asking for a long time about this trampoline thing I was not exactly sure what is was but boy does it sound fun. Bridget was put to bed and then for some strange reason dad went out into the cold and snowy garden and started building a strange Contraption. Dad came back inside put the fire on and snuggled up to watch his favourite show while I lay on my own near the back door looking at the quite perculiar thing that lay on the ground.
    Out of the blue two foxes appeared amelessly wandering around my back garden. Then they approached the large thing that was in the garden unsure like me of what that actually was. Suddenly they sprung up onto the thing and cautiously walked on it. Slowly they started to bounce just like Bridget on her bed. All I thought about was what in the world was that?
    Slowly, the bushes rustled out came a badger he went on he learned quickly soon he was doing exactly the same – I whimpered softly to myself as I wished I was on that. Later that evening, when mum and dad had gone to sleep and all the animals are asleep – or should be asleep that is – there were more animals. There were animals like: ferrets, badgers, foxes, bunnies all happily bouncing on the trampoline. I woke up it was morning Bridget rushed down stairs ,dad opened the back door, Bridget went for it and I thought no way that’s mine hands off! I dashed out the door around Bridget dived on the fun,bouncy thing and started to bounce excitedly wagging my tail. Weirdly Bridget, mum and dad all stared at me jaws dropped in amazement and I had no clue why.
    I still have no clue why!

43. This was the best day of my life. It all started a few months back when it was a very snowy day, when I saw my best friend Bridget jumping on her bed. I really wanted to jump on the bed aswell of her. Until I saw dad building a very strange machine in the freezing cold garden. I rushed down stairs hoping to find out what this machine was after dad had shut the doors rite in my face.
    A few minutes later I saw dad sit down on the couch with mum. I just stopped and stared out the window until I saw two foxes jump on this wierd machine and I saw them bouncing around.I couldn’t risk temptation to just start whimpering to myself then I saw more and more animals like hedgehogs squirrels and badgers.
    In the morning I heard Bridget running downstairs so I run down as quick as I can hoping to see what she was so excited about.Then I realise that dad had opened the doors, so I took my chance and ran outside into the garden jump up onto this bouncy machine and had the time of my life.Whilst mum dad and Bridget stopped and stared with there mouths wide open.This was truly the best time of my life.Thank you Bridget

44. It was the best day , many months ago on the night before Christmas. I will always remember that day. It all started when my owner (Bridget) was bouncing happily on her bed, whilst I (Buster) was watching her, whishing I could do the same, but I knew I wouldn’t be allowed. Soon after, her mum comes in and gently kisses her good night, then quitely walks out and shuts the door behind her.
    Later that night, I went down stairs without making a noise, and sat at the window and peered out side, snow started to glide down from the sky and then melted onto the ground . Dad was making a strange machine in the garden then once he had finished put a silver bow on it, confused as what it could be I carried on looking over to the machine.When Suddenly, I saw two figures sticking their heads out of the bushes, it was two foxes, I couldn’t believe it. Strangely, they were climbing up some leaders then started bouncing on this weird object. I thought to my self, “wow I want to go on that.what is that?”
    Not long later, a Badger joined them and started bouncing very high,and was having so much fun as the snow was still gliding down but not heavily. It must be Magic, how can the jump that high? I whimpered for really wanted to try it out! Why Can’t I go
    on it it, must be really fun? Soon, a whole group of animas went on. I whish I was there having as much fun as them!
    That night I realised that what they were jumping on was a massive bed, like Bridget’s but far more bigger. If they could go that high on a massive bed Im sure I can too.wantig to have a go I stared up to the ceiling thinking about what it would be like if I could go on there too and join them.
    The next morning it was Christmas. Bridget woke up and rushed down stairs as I raced out side hoping I would get the first go. I did, I got the fist go. Yesss I thought to myself. Bridget now was staring at me, wanting to have a go but as if I am going to let her, I am having too much fun. It was the best day, many months ago on Christmas.
    By Rowan

45. #bustertheboxer
    This was the best day EVER. It all started last night…
    Bridget – the person who I spend most days with – was happily bouncing on her comfortable bed. It looks as if she was having a blast! It seems like she was flying, high in the air-almost touching the ceiling- however that couldn’t possibly be true, could it? My mum entered the room, demanded that she would stop bouncing, immediately for it was bedtime and Christmas Eve! I staggered down the stairs, as I had done every previous night, to witness a large, metal, futuristic, mechanism being mantled. What on earth could this possibly be? Well, I guess it has to be a Christmas present, for Bridget, not that I know why she would want THAT.
    That winters evening several imposters, intruded my garden. Two sneaky, stealthy foxes, in fact. They cautiously made their way over to the hunk of junk and sniffed it out. One of the more confident foxes took a leap of faith in order tom get inside. He began by curiously walking around-then bouncing. The other one was watching him, and then she decided to have a turn. Before long they were dancing in sink, creating astonishment for all. Whilst this was happening I was cooked up inside, looking on with sorrow, for I should be out there. I should be bouncing and having a great time (instead of watching and listening to Coronation Street). A badger, so silky and fine stepped up to the trampoline. Yet again another one tested it out; the badger was really so pleased to bounce.
    Several other creatures accompanied them: squirrels, hedgehogs and many frogs, how I wish I could join the fun! Sad, lonely, tortured and whimpering, I decided to put my mind at rest.
    The next morning, Bridget excitedly awoke. Jocund and impatient she rushed down the stairs, sprinted into the living room (me right behind her).Gazed, her jaw dropped! She looked so please to see her present, so was I? Without a second thought she hurried to open the patio-doors, took a step outside and there I was, next Olympic team GB athlete sprinting up to the bou8ncing machine doing a tuck jump into a forward roll! My fellow family all her to watch me bounce my way to victory. All their jaws dropped. Finally I was as free as a bird, able to fly and enjoy being alive. Bridget never knew I had it in me. Now this is the Christmas I deserve.
    Bridget obviously copied some of my fabulous moves (#learning from the pro)

46. #BusterTheBoxer
    This was the best day ever! It all began last night…
    Bridget (my best friend in the whole wide world) was bouncing up and down on her bed. It looked like so much fun! But I knew that I wouldn’t be allowed to. I’m not even allowed to sit on the couch, let alone jumping on a mattress! How I wish I could though. Not long after, Mum came upstairs and kissed Bridget goodnight. But something was very fishy – and it wasn’t me! Oh, that’s it! She kept on glancing sideways at something out of the window. And then that’s when saw it.
    Dad was building some sort of futuristic machine! It was being made from all sorts of metal stuff! This was all very interesting to watch, until something awful happened – Dad hurt his finger on a metal pole! I couldn’t take any more trauma! So I thought I’d better go downstairs with Mum. Eventually, thank goodness, Dad had finished building that Death Machine! And it haunts me to this second that this is the truth, but I thought it looked quite nice.
    It had some sort of wiry circle-shaped sheet that was being stretched out horizontally by a metal frame with springs, raised upon about ten metal poles and, as a finishing touch, a net that wrapped it all up at the top – neat!
    Just as I was about to figure out how to get it working, some random urchins decided to just waltz about in my territory! And just when it couldn’t get any worse, they thought that it would be okay for them to just prance around on my spanking brand-new piece of machinery! This did not impress me at all and it made me growl (but just a tad though).When all of a sudden these ‘foxes’, they started to fly! Yeah, they just bounced up and down a bit with their legs and then they started to soar through the skies – my dream! But, yet again, I can’t! Then, to stir up that cooking feel of envy inside me, a badger joins the party along with a hedgehog and a squirrel! It had to be a squirrel!
    That cheese-block was high up in the sky now, which meant that it was bed-time.
    Finally, dawn had broken, like that poor rooster’s voice again. Bridget was starting to wake up and I was so excited! Once Bridget got up, I was able to try out the new machine in our garden! Just couldn’t wait! Oh, yeah and I think today’s meant to be that day that you people call Christmas as well? Anyway, back to the machine. I just couldn’t stop thinking about what she would think of it.
    Bridget was on her way downstairs by now. It looked like she was heading for the garden… There. She had seen it. She was so happy for me! I could see it in her face: a smile was creeping up her cheeks, her eyes were widening and her jaw dropped. She started to run towards it, but I knew that I had to have first go on it! I charged. I raced. Then I flipped myself higher than I had ever flipped before! The spotlight was now on me. Everybody – the neighbours, Mum, Dad and Bridget – were looking at me. I was now the king of the skies.
    By Lucas

47. To Lucas # buster the boxer#

To Lucas,
    I really enjoyed your piece of ‘ humour’. I found it well punctuated and I found it hilariously funny. Great comedy.
    However, I would advise you to use a wider range of vocabulary, because I found it very repeated. But apart from that it was very good.
    Thanks, Noah
    # Noahpoah yeah boii #